Junior Foundation CourseBasic obedience and good manners for young dogs.
Note: Renamed from Junior Progress
An obedient and well-mannered dog, that is socially acceptable anywhere, is a joy to own.
Our Junior course is aimed at dogs aged between 19 weeks and 9 months, a critical period in a dog’s life.
Whether you’re looking to build upon previous puppy lessons or are new to training, this course can help to set and keep your dog on the right path.
Develop a Well-behaved Young Dog
Dogs are social animals that need our guidance to help them live by our human rules happily, without confusion or stress. Providing a sound foundation of obedience and manners whilst your dog is still young will make life so much easier, more pleasant and safer for everyone. Through a variety of fun exercises you will teach your dog that walking nicely by your side, happily coming when called, etc. is a rewarding and enjoyable thing to do.
Further Your Skills and Bond
The course introduces exercises to further develop basic skills. We will demonstrate ways to motivate your dog to become generally more responsive to you and your commands, which will help to build a stronger, more trusting bond between dog and owner.
Tailored Basic Obedience
Each course is tailored to focus on the needs of the dogs attending, but the main areas always covered are:
- Impulse control
- Improving positions – sit, down and stand
- Stay, with distractions nearby
- Calling your dog back to you
- Walking on a loose lead, with no pulling
- Controlled greeting, with no jumping up
- Improving the owner/dog relationship
Weekly handouts are provided to give general information and to guide you through the course. There is always plenty of opportunity to discuss and work on any specific issues that need improving.
Places on the Junior Foundation course are limited to give everyone the attention they need. This course can fill-up quickly, so please don’t leave booking until the last minute, but do contact us to check any late availability.
COURSE DETAILSJunior Foundation
- For dogs aged between 19 weeks and 9 months at course start.
- Includes 6 classes held on Monday evenings from 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
- Held indoors at Tregony Village Hall, Back Lane off Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. TR2 5RN.
- Ideal for dogs new to training or to improve and progress previous training, including those who have attended our Puppy Foundation course.
- Trainer: Josie Hawken.
Next Junior Classes
for course members
- 29 January 2018 6:00 pmJunior Foundation [4 of 5]
- 5 February 2018 6:00 pmJunior Foundation [5 of 5]
- 19 February 2018 6:00 pmJunior Foundation [1 of 6]
- 26 February 2018 6:00 pmJunior Foundation [2 of 6]
- 5 March 2018 6:00 pmJunior Foundation [3 of 6]
- 12 March 2018 6:00 pmJunior Foundation [4 of 6]
Junior Course Enquiry / Booking Request
Please use the form below to ask any questions or request a booking for an upcoming course. Your message will be sent to Josie, who will reply as soon as possible. Any personal details you provide, such as your email address and phone numbers will be used only to respond to your message.
Upcoming Junior Courses
- 19 February 2018 6:00 pmFEB'18: Junior Foundation
- 9 April 2018 6:00 pmAPR'18: Junior Foundation
- 4 June 2018 6:00 pmJUN'18: Junior Foundation
- 16 July 2018 6:00 pmJUL'18: Junior Foundation
- 17 September 2018 6:00 pmSEP'18: Junior Foundation
- 12 November 2018 6:00 pmNOV'18: Junior Foundation
Puppy & Junior Foundation Course Trainer and Social Walk Host
Having been a firm dog lover all her life Josie came into formal dog training when faced with a particular cocker spaniel with attitude – what we like to call ‘a challenge’! Finding the whole question of canine behaviour and related training so fascinating, she embarked on the Intermediate and Advanced Think Dog training courses and was then accepted as a Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. Josie owns a black Labrador and a long haired Corgi. Josie also offers one-to-one dog training by arrangement.
01726 66135 | Send Message
Foundation Course Location
Tregony Village Hall, Back Lane off Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. TR2 5RN.
Double click/tap on map to zoom in. Hold and drag map to pan around. Drag and drop orange man for street view. Reload page to reset.