Adult Foundation CourseDevelop a well-behaved, well-balanced canine companion.
Our Adult Foundation course is aimed at dogs over 9 months old that are new to training or could benefit from a refresher. This may be your new rescue dog that you are just getting to know, your perfect puppy who has just turned into a teenage tearaway or your adult dog who could do with being more obedient and better behaved.
Understanding Your Dog
The main aim of the Adult Foundation course is to teach you how to train your dog and to give you a better understanding of your dogs mind to help overcome any problems that may crop up. This six week course gives you the tools to come out the other side of this period with a mature, well-balanced and well-behaved canine companion.
Ideal for Re-homed and Rescue Dogs
A rescued or re-homed dog will often have had little to no previous training, picked-up some bad habits or confidence issues and may initially lack the basic obedience required to live in harmony with a new family. This course is ideal for those dogs that, for whatever reason, have missed-out on good puppy and adolescent guidance or been kennelled for an extended period, so struggle to understand how to behave properly in their new environment.
Great for Adolescent Dogs
Adolescence can be a difficult period as a dog owner, when sometimes it can seem as if all your hard work with your little puppy has gone out the window and you are left with a teenage delinquent challenging your every command. All dogs go through this stage in their development, when it starts and how long it lasts is individual, but coming together with other dog owners in a class such as this gives you the reassurance that you are not alone in your problems.
Tailored Basic Obedience
Each course is tailored to focus on the needs of the dogs attending, but the main areas always covered are:
- Impulse control
- Improving positions – sit, down and stand
- Stay, with distractions nearby
- Calling your dog back to you
- Walking on a loose lead, with no pulling
- Controlled greeting, with no jumping up
- Improving the owner/dog relationship
Specific concerns or problems can be discussed and addressed during the course.
All dogs on this course need to be safe and comfortable with people and other dogs, if you are unsure please contact us.
COURSE DETAILSAdult Foundation
- 07929 441150
- For dogs aged over 9 months at course start.
- Includes 6 classes held on Monday evenings from 8.30pm to 9.30pm.
- Held indoors at Tregony Village Hall, Back Lane off Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. TR2 5RN
- Ideal for dogs new to training or as a refresher. Also ideal for re-homes and rescue dogs.
Next Adult Classes
for pre-booked course members
- Mon, 7th January, 8:30pmJAN'19: Adult Foundation
- Mon, 7th January, 8:30pmAdult Class [1 of 6]
- Mon, 14th January, 8:30pmAdult Class [2 of 6]
- Mon, 21st January, 8:30pmAdult Class [3 of 6]
- Mon, 28th January, 8:30pmAdult Class [4 of 6]
- Mon, 4th February, 8:30pmAdult Class [5 of 6]
- Mon, 11th February, 8:30pmAdult Class [6 of 6]
Adult Course Enquiry / Booking Request
Please use the form below to ask any questions or request a booking for an upcoming course. Your message will be sent to Melissa, who will reply as soon as possible. Any personal details you provide, such as your email address and phone numbers will be used only to respond to your message.
Upcoming Adult Courses
- Mon, 7th January, 8:30pmJAN'19: Adult Foundation
- Mon, 25th February, 8:30pmFEB'19: Adult Foundation
- Mon, 8th April, 8:30pmAPR'19: Adult Foundation
- Mon, 3rd June, 8:30pmJUN'19: Adult Foundation
- Mon, 15th July, 8:30pmJUL'19: Adult Foundation
- Mon, 9th September, 8:30pmSEP'19: Adult Foundation
To view all scheduled courses and associated class dates, please see our Class Schedule page.
Adult Foundation Course and Agility Class Trainer
Melissa has a degree in Animal Behaviour, a HND in Animal Care, a Distinction in Learning About Dogs (Level 1 & 2) and has attended workshops on UK Rally, canine massage and first aid. In 2016 Melissa was proud to pass assessments to become a full member of the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers. When not at PAWS 4 FUN, Melissa runs ABC FOR PETS, based between St Austell and Par, which offers further individual and group dog training, walking & care services. Currently Melissa has two canine companions. Misi, born in 2005, is an English Springer Spaniel who Melissa has known since she was born as she was bred by Melissa's father. Misi has competed as a medium agility dog but retired due to injury but still enjoys learning tricks and UK Rally. Frodo, born in 2015 and rehomed to Melissa at 6 months old, is a Pomeranian. Frodo is the first dog in the UK to earn a Wag It Games Shadow Skills Novice Video Title, has his Uber Dude Trick Dog Title from In The Dog House and is learning agility and scent work.
07929 441150 | Email Melissa
Foundation Course Location
Tregony Village Hall, Back Lane off Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. TR2 5RN.
Double click/tap on map to zoom in. Hold and drag map to pan around. Drag and drop orange man for street view. Reload page to reset.