Basic training classes over six weeks for all dogs of any age
Teach your dog basic obedience such as sit, down, stay, come and to walk on a loose lead. Better understand your dog and learn techniques to develop a happy, well mannered companion.
Includes six classes held indoors at Tregony Village Hall, between Truro and St Austell, on Monday evenings.
Select Puppy, Junior or Adult Foundation based on the age of your dog at the start of an upcoming course:
This course is the perfect start for young puppies and great for new owners too.
Upcoming Puppy Courses
- 19 February 2018 7:15 pmFEB'18: Puppy Foundation
- 9 April 2018 7:15 pmAPR'18: Puppy Foundation
- 4 June 2018 7:15 pmJUN'18: Puppy Foundation
for dogs under 9 months
For older puppies new to training or those progressing from earlier lessons.
Upcoming Junior Courses
- 19 February 2018 6:00 pmFEB'18: Junior Foundation
- 9 April 2018 6:00 pmAPR'18: Junior Foundation
- 4 June 2018 6:00 pmJUN'18: Junior Foundation
Basic obedience for any dog. Especially good for re-homed or rescued adult dogs.
Upcoming Adult Courses
- 19 February 2018 8:30 pmFEB'18: Adult Foundation
- 9 April 2018 8:30 pmAPR'18: Adult Foundation
- 4 June 2018 8:30 pmJUN'18: Adult Foundation
Own a dog? Live in Cornwall?
We have a class for you.
Fun classes to advance dog and handler skills together
The Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Award Scheme is the largest dog training scheme in the UK, participants can progress from Bronze, through Silver to Gold Award level. Our Agility classes are inclusive and great fun, starting with Beginners, attendees can go on to Intermediate and then Advanced level.
Fortnightly classes held outdoors at Screech Owl Sanctury near Indian Queens on the A30.
Good Citizen and Agility classes are held on alternate Saturday afternoons – so you can attend both classes if you are keen!
Good Citizen Classes
Our Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme classes teach practical skills that will advance your handling skills and dog’s abilities.
Next Good Citizen Classes
- 3 February 2018 1:30 pmGood Citizen: Bronze
- 3 February 2018 2:30 pmGood Citizen: Silver
- 3 February 2018 3:30 pmGood Citizen: Gold
Dogs Love Agility! Our fun classes will enhance the bond between you and your dog and it’s great training and healthy exercise too.
Next Agility Classes
- 27 January 2018 1:30 pmAgility: Advanced
- 27 January 2018 2:50 pmAgility: Intermediate
- 27 January 2018 3:40 pmAgility: Beginners
Dogs Love Agility!
Their owners do too.
Free group dog walks around mid-Cornwall every week
Next Social Walks
- 25 January 2018 2:30 pmPerran Dunes
- 1 February 2018 2:30 pmPendower Beach
- 8 February 2018 2:30 pmKingswood
- 15 February 2018 2:30 pmPerran Dunes
- 22 February 2018 2:30 pmPendower Beach
- 1 March 2018 2:30 pmPerran Dunes
Group dog walks at
woods, beaches & dunes.
Training people to train dogs since 2002
PAWS 4 FUN was founded with the ordinary pet dog in mind, catering for any age, breed and ability. We are a not-for-profit organisation, run by dedicated volunteers, providing a high-quality dog training service in mid-Cornwall.
We are Kennel Club listed, with full public liability insurance. Our trainers adhere to the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) code of practice, which means we do not use, nor condone, any harsh training methods such as shock devices or aggresive dominance techniques.
Our aim is to provide highly effective training using positive handling techniques, motivating our dogs to willingly do as we ask. Dogs, like people, find it easier to learn when they are happy and relaxed, which is why we teach reward-based training and make our classes small, fun and informal.
Our trainers have many years experience training dogs and their handlers. All have owned an assortment of different breeds and have been involved in a wide variety of dog-based clubs, associations, sports, initiatives, businesses and charities.
Adult Foundation Course & Agility Classes
Puppy & Junior Foundation Courses & Social Walks
Kennel Club Good Citizen Award Scheme Classes